|Spaghetti Squash with Pumpkin Sage|
Sauce from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 1 3 lb spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- ¾ Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 sprigs of sage, finely chopped
- 1 spring of rosemary, finely chopped
- ½-1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle a cookie sheet with 1 tsp olive oil. Cut spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Season fleshy side with salt. Place, flesh side down, on cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes. Let cool. Scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard. Scrap out flesh with a fork and place aside in a bowl.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, shallots and garlic. Cook until soft and onions are translucent. Pour into a food processor. Add sage, rosemary, pumpkin, almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic salt to food processor. Process until smooth.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti squash. Garnish with rosemary and nutmeg.