- 1 cup fresh or thawed from frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Place blueberries, water and lemon zest in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place a paper towel in a mesh strainer and pour cooked blueberries through into a bowl. Fold the paper towel over and press the pulp to strain as much juice out as possible.
- Stir in the sugar while the mixture is still hot. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- 1-2 TBSP with coffee, iced tea, margarita or mojito
- over ice cream, pie, cake or scones
- with pancakes, waffles or french toast
- in a vinaigrette
- in a fruit salad
Check out the rest of the Top Ate Blueberry Recipes.