- 8 oz rotini, uncooked, rinsed in cold water to remove excess starch
- 1 3/4 cups water or broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (see note)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tsp chili powder (to taste)
- 1 avocado, diced for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the beans (if desired), avocado, sour cream and cheese in a deep sided skillet or saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes, check pasta. If it is too al dente, add 1/4 cup of water and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with avocado, sour cream and cheese.
Note: The black beans can be stirred before cooking for a more refried bean consistency. If you prefer a more solid consistency, stir them in after cooking.
Also, the spice combination can be replaced with a packet of taco seasoning if desired.
Check out the rest of the Top Ate One Pot Wonder Pasta Recipes.