|Best Ever Carrot Cake|
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add carrots, oil and eggs. Mix until moistened then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for two minutes. Fold in the nuts, if desired.
- Transfer batter evenly between the two greased cake pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add vanilla. Add powdered sugar in 4 parts while beating with the electric mixer in between.
- Frost the top of one of the cake rounds. Place the second cake round on top. Frost the top and sides of the cake.
Check out the rest of the Top Ate All Time Favorite Desserts.