|Pizza Quinoa Bowls|
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce, divided
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 lb uncooked turkey sausage, casings removed cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, finely chopped
- Combine quinoa, chicken stock or water and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed into quinoa. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey sausage cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onions and garlic to the pan drippings from the sausage. Season with onion powder and oregano. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the veggies are soft and the onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add the sausage, cooked quinoa, 1/2 cup tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese to the skillet. Stir to combine allowing the ingredients to combine and the cheese to melt.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with basil and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Check out the recipe of the Top Ate Quinoa Bowls Recipes.