|Clean Eating Seared Tuna Quinoa Bowls|
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 3 5oz tuna steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup leeks, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (mixed red and white)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce vinaigrette or shallot vinaigrette
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a medium caste-iron or non-stick skillet over high heat. Season the tuna on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear the tuna for 1-4 minutes on each side (1 minute for raw tuna, 4 minutes to cook it all the way through). Remove the tuna and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 1 TBSP of olive oil to the pan drippings. Add the carrots and let cook for 3 minutes. Add the onions, broccoli and white wine. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 more minutes or until the onions are translucent and the wine has mostly evaporated. Add the leeks and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the cooked quinoa with the cooked veggies, tomatoes, avocado and vinaigrette. Stir to combine.
- Slice the tuna (or leave it whole if you prefer) and serve over top the quinoa. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over tuna, if desired.
Check out the recipe of the Top Ate Quinoa Bowls Recipes.