|Clean Eating Scallops and Toasted Quinoa Bowls|
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 16 ounces bay scallops, patted dry
- 1 cup trimmed snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernals
- 1/2 cup soy sauce vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes total, flipping once. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add 1 TBSP of olive oil to pan drippings and reduce heat to medium. Add the snow peas, mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and tamari to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until veggies are tender and begin to color. Remove from pan and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add 1 TBSP of olive oil to the pan drippings. Add shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add quinoa and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa begins to turn golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook covered until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add the cooked veggies to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the scallions, red peppers and corn. Gently stir the scallops into the quinoa bowl. Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Check out the recipe of the Top Ate Quinoa Bowls Recipes.