|Mushroom and Fontina Pizza|
- 1 15 oz store bought dough ball
- 4 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 TBSP butter, salted
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 3-4 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 crimini mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1 1/2 cups fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- garlic salt
- corn meal
- Allow dough ball to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before preparing. Place pizza stone in oven and heat to 500 degrees for 30 minutes.
- To prepare mushrooms, heat 1 TBSP olive oil and 1 TBSP butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add wine and cook for 5-7 minutes or until wine is almost evaporated. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside. Add 1 TBSP olive oil to the pan drippings. Add shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. Note: If also preparing caramelized onions, use the same pan.
- Flour the counter top to prevent the dough from sticking and roll out pizza dough to a 12 inch circle or other desired shape.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with corn meal and place dough on top of corn meal.
- Drizzle 2 TBSP olive oil over pizza and rub into dough. Layer caramelized onions and mushrooms over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Layer shallots over the cheese. Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Use the pizza peel to place pizza in the oven. It should slide off the peel and onto the stone easily because of the cornmeal. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Enjoy!
Click for more Top Ate Pizza Recipes.