|Jewish Coffee Cake|
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until well incorporated. Add one egg at a time beating in between to incorporate. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda and continue to beat with electric mixer.Add sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients for filling in a medium bowl. Use two knives to achieve crumbly texture.
- Pour 1/3 of the bake batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the filling into the batter. Pour the rest of the cake batter into the pan. Top the cake with the rest of the filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes.