|Easy Deep Dish Pizza|
- 1 15 oz pizza dough ball
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 2/3 cup sausage, cooked and sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly diced
- 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 TBSP basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator 1-2 hours before preparing pizza. Preheat oven to 500 degrees and position the oven rack in the bottom of the oven.
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a 10 inch cast-iron skillet (my favorite) over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Add garlic, onions and broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and broccoli turns a bright green. These veggies can be cooked separately if preferred. Remove and set aside. Wipe out skillet and continue to heat for 3-4 minutes. Then brush the bottom and sides with olive oil.
- On a floured surface, work dough into a disk about 12 inches in diameter pressing from the center outwards with your fingers gently stretching it. Lay it in the skillet pressing up the sides, taking care not to tear it. The side may fall down. The sauce will help to hold them up.
- Spoon the sauce evenly over the dough. Add the garlic, onions, broccoli, olives and oregano. Then add the mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes; then add the artichokes and Parmesan. Lower the oven to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with chopped basil if desired.
Click for more Top Ate Pizza Recipes.