|Clean Eating Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast|
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 TBSP all natural peanut butter
- 1 large or 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 TBSP raw honey
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or a griddle over medium heat. Combine eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in a large shallow baking dish. Submerge bread in eggs and allow bread to soak up all of the eggs. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a small bowl, making sure to mix thoroughly. Slice banana in long thin slices.
- Cook egg soaked bread in skillet. Flip when golden brown. Spread peanut butter and honey mixture on bread while still in skillet allowing for it to melt. Place banana slices on top of peanut butter.
- Serve as a sandwich or an individual slices with extra honey or peanut butter if desired.