|Chicken and Tortellini Pizza|
- 1 15 oz store bought dough ball
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced, sliced or shredded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup cheese tortellini, cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil
- Garlic salt to taste
- corn meal
- Allow dough ball to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before preparing. Place pizza stone in oven and heat to 500 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 4 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown.
- Flour the counter top to prevent the dough from sticking and roll out pizza dough to a 12 inch circle or other desired shape.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with corn meal and place dough on top of corn meal.
- Spread tomato sauce on the pizza leaving about a 1/2 inch crust around the edges. Layer chicken and tortellini evenly over top. Sprinkle and both types of cheese. Layer the shallots. Drizzle olive oil around the perimeter of the pizza where the dough is exposed. Use your fingers to rub it evenly over the crust. Season with garlic salt to taste.
- Use the pizza peel to place pizza in the oven. It should slide off the peel and onto the stone easily because of the cornmeal. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Enjoy!
Click for more Top Ate Pizza Recipes.