- 2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse 10-15 times to incorporate ingredients. Add the butter to the food processor and pulse until crumbly but fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and add buttermilk. Mix with hands until a dough ball forms.
- On a floured surface, flatten out the dough ball to a 1/2 inch thick circle. Do not roll with a rolling pin. Fold the dough about 5 times, gently press the dough down to a 1 inch thick. Use a floured drinking glass to cut 8 round biscuits. You may need to reknead the dough scraps to get a couple more biscuits.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Serve warm with butter or jam.