|Blender Buttermilk Banana Pancakes|
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk (whole milk can be substituted, see note below)
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP butter to grease griddle
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Thoroughly combine egg, milk, oil, bananas and vanilla in a blender on low speed.
- Then add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Blend on low speed to combine all ingredients.
- Grease the griddle with 1 TBSP butter. Using the blender, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into circles on the griddle. Wait for the pancakes to just start to bubble in the middle of each pancake, then flip. The second side will cook much faster than the first side.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Note: To substitute whole milk instead of buttermilk, leave out the baking soda and increase the baking powder to 3 tsp.
See the rest of the Top Ate Sweet Breakfast Recipes.