Makes one pizza
- 1 15 oz store bought dough ball
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced, sliced or shredded
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or any other cheese you prefer)
- 3 oz of sliced mozzarella cheese
- 10-12 thin slices of red onion
- olive oil
- corn meal
- Allow dough ball to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before preparing. Place pizza stone in oven and heat to 500 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce by combining cream cheese and 1 cup of BBQ sauce in a medium bowl. Stir to incorporate. Place aside. Toss chicken with 1 cup of BBQ sauce and place aside.
- Flour the counter top to prevent the dough from sticking and roll out pizza dough to a 12 inch circle or other desired shape.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with corn meal and place dough on top of corn meal.
- Spread prepared sauce on the pizza leaving about a 1/2 inch crust around the edges. Layer chicken and caramelized onions over top. Sprinkle and both types of cheese. Layer the red onion. Drizzle olive oil around the perimeter of the pizza where the dough is exposed. Use your fingers to rub it evenly over the crust.
- Use the pizza peel to place pizza in the oven. It should slide off the peel and onto the stone easily because of the cornmeal. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza from the oven. Enjoy!
Click for more Top Ate Pizza Recipes.