|Seared Scallops with Shallots|
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP salted butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 10 large sea scallops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP of white wine or chicken stock
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute for about 4 minutes or until they just start to brown around the edges.
- Season both sides of the scallops liberally with salt and pepper.
- Push the shallots to the outer edges of your skillet making room in the middle to cook the scallops. Add 1 TBSP of olive oil and 1 TBSP butter to the skillet. Allow butter to melt completely. Place scallops in skillet paying attention to the order in which you place them. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until a brown caramelization forms. Flip scallops over in pan in the same order that you placed them in the pan to ensure even cooking time. Cook for 1-2 more minutes depending on desired doneness. Deglaze the pan with 2 TBSP of white wine, stirring to combine scallops with shallots. Make sure to scrap the bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Serve warm with rice and desired veggies.
Click for more Top Ate Gluten-Free Recipes.