|Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes|
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (mixed red and white)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded or crumbled cheese (I used goat cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until they are soft enough to pierce with a fork. Cut in half and scoop out about half of the pulp.
- Steam broccoli for 1-2 minutes in the microwave and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Saute the ground turkey, onions and garlic for 7-8 minutes or until meat is browned and onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add broccoli, tomatoes, corn, scooped potato pulp and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Fill the potato shells with filling and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Click for more Top Ate Gluten-Free Recipes.