|Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apple Soup|
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 Vidalia onions, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 TBSP salt
- 1 tsp curry
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 sprig of sage
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or 2% milk)
- brown rice for serving
- sour cream for serving
- goat cheese crumbles for serving
- Place squash, onions, apples, salt, curry, chicken stock, pepper, onion powder, apple cider vinegar, sage and thyme in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the sprigs of thyme and sage and throw out Using an immersion blender, puree the soup directly in the slow cooker. Add honey and milk and blend further to fully incorporate.
- Serve warm with brown rice, a dollop of sour cream and/or goat cheese crumbles if desired.
Click for more Top Ate Gluten Free Recipes.