|Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread|
Serves a crowd
- 1 loaf unsliced bread purchased from the bakery department (preferably sourdough)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut a cross-hatch pattern into the top of the bread by slicing ½-inch grid lines into the bread, stopping about ¼-inch from the bottom of the bread so that it stays together.
- Prepare the filling by combing the butter, olive oil, garlic and cheese in a medium bowl. Gently separate the bread and use a spoon or your fingers to push the filling into all of the seams. Pushing up from the bottom of the loaf helps to separate the seams and makes it easier to get the filling down to the bottom of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve warm.
Serve with Marinara Sauce for dipping.
See more of my Top Ate STUFFED Recipes.