|Authentic Cheese Fondue|
- 1 lb gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb emmentaler cheese, grated
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1/8 cup kirsch (cherry flavored brandy)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- loaf of your favorite crusty bread, cut into bite sized pieces and toasted
- diced fruit or veggies for dipping (we used apples, pears and broccoli)
- Heat fondue pot over medium low heat on the stovetop. If you have an electric pot, heat directly in the pot. Cut the garlic cloves in half. Rub the sliced garlic halves into the bottom of the pot to work some of the garlic flavor into the pot. Then take the garlic halves out of the pot and and slice them thinly. Place them aside.
- Pour the wine into the pot and wait for it to bubble. Then add the sliced garlic and stir to combine.
- Begin adding the shredded cheese slowly, in batches, stirring constantly. Add more cheese as each batch melts.
- After all the cheese has been added and melted, combine the kirsch and corn starch in a separate small bowl. Whisk to throughly incorporate. Then add it to the fondue and stir to combine. Transfer fondue pot to the tabletop flame and serve with warm crusty bread cubes, and desired fruit and veggies.
Check out the rest of the Top Ate Warm Dips and Sauces.