|Clean Eating Turkey Burger with |
Caramelized Onions on a Portobello
Makes 6 burgers
- 20 oz lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peppers (any color), chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Vidalia onion caramelized
- 6 small portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Using hands, thoroughly combine ground turkey, chopped onions and peppers, garlic, salt and egg in a medium mixing bowl. Form into 6 patties. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until juices run clear and center is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place mushrooms top side down in the skillet and pour vinaigrette inside each mushroom cup allowing it to flow into the pan too. Use a fork to comb the vinaigrette into the ribs. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Assemble with a mushroom, ribs side up, burger, then pile caramelized onions on top. Drizzle pan drippings from mushrooms over top. Serve warm with Clean Eating Potato Salad.
For more Clean Eating Dinner Recipes, go to Top Ate Clean Eating Dinner Recipes.