|Toasted Pesto and Artichoke Chicken Sub |
from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced and cooked
- 1 TBSP pesto
- 1 TBSP of mayonnaise or roasted garlic and artichoke aioli
- 4 slices of tomato
- 1 artichoke heart, sliced (from a can)
- 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 whole wheat sub roll, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread pesto on one side of the bread. Spread mayonnaise or aioli on the other side. Layer cooked chicken on top of aioli. Layer half of the cheese on the chicken. Layer the other half of the cheese on top of the pesto on the other side of the sub roll.
- Place the two side of the sandwich, open faced, on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and layer tomatoes and artichokes on sub. Smoosh the two sides together and enjoy!