|Panko Oven "Fried" Chicken from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/8 Vidalia onion, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig of rosemary, stem removed, chopped
- Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Using a paring knife, cut 3 slits in the meatiest portion of each drumstick. Place buttermilk, onion, garlic, and drumsticks in a large zip-top plastic bag; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a rack on a jelly-roll pan; coat the rack with cooking spray. Remove the drumsticks from the bag; discard the marinade. Sprinkle the drumsticks with pepper and salt. Combine panko, cheese, and chives in a shallow dish. Dredge each drumstick in panko mixture. Arrange drumsticks in a single layer on the rack; coat drumsticks lightly with cooking spray. Bake drumsticks at 425° for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustards and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Serve as a dipping sauce with chicken.
Adapted from Cooking Light