|Healthy Egg Cups from Top Ate On Your Plate|
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices turkey bacon, finely chopped
- ¼ Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 5 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup tomaotes, finely diced
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- garlic salt to taste
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup low fat part skim mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Crack eggs into a medium bowl, beat and set aside. Heat olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet. Add bacons and cook 3-4 minutes. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms, stirring to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and spinach leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt. Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese and mozzarella and basil. Let cool. Then combine with beaten eggs.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full with egg mixture. This should make 10-12 egg cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until eggs set.
Note: These freeze well.