|Grilled Peanut Butter, Banana and Apple Sandwich with Honey|
from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 2 slices thick white bread (I used French boule)
- 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- ½ banana sliced in ¼ inch pieces
- 1-2 TBSP honey (depending on desired sweetness)
- 5-6 thin green apple slices
- cooking spray or butter
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or a Panini pan to medium heat.
- Spread 1 TBSP of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Spread ½-1 TBSP of honey over the peanut butter on each slice. Layer bananas over the honey on one side of the bread. Place apples on top of bananas and SMOOSH the two slices together.
- Spray hot skillet with cooking spray and place sandwich with heavy canned good on top to weight it down. (They make fancy cooking tools for this, such as a brick or a Panini press; I don’t have one.) Cook for 5-6 minutes or until sandwich is browned. Flip, spray the skillet again and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Serve warm.