|Grilled Cheese with Apple Onion Compote from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- 2 slices of bread (I used hearty Italian)
- 1 ½ oz Havarti, sliced
- 1 ½ oz Cheddar, sliced
- 1 TBSP butter, room temperature
- Thin slices of apple (Grannie Smith suggested)
- Apple onion compote (get the recipe here)
- Prepare apple onion compote. Butter the outside of the two slices of bread. Spread compote on one slice of bread. Stack cheese in even layers. Layer apple slices.
- If you have a panini press (I do not), use it! If not, warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, place the sandwich in the skillet and place canned goods (I use tuna) on top to weigh down the sandwich. Check the color after 4 minutes and flip if ready. Note that the second side will brown quicker than the first.