|Goat Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers |
from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 20 oz of lean ground turkey meat
- 2 TBSP minced onion
- 2 TBSP minced red pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic, grated
- ¼ cup good quality BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Buns for serving
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced avocado
- roasted red peppers (optional)
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Combine turkey meat, onion, red pepper, garlic, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl using hands to incorporate well.
- To stuff each patty, separate the amount of meat for one patty into 2 equal portions. Flatten each portion and press goat cheese into one half. Then press the two halves together. Repeat this for each patty.
- Grill turkey burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve warm on whole wheat buns with tomatoes and avocado.