|Chicken Quesadillas from Top Ate on Your Plate|
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ Vidalia onion, chopped
- ¼ red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- ¼ can corn kernels, no salt added
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 2 tortillas
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped (more if desired)
- Smoked lime sour cream (recipe included in Easy Turkey Nachos)
- avocado or guacamole
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onions, peppers and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro, stirring to combine and cook for 3-4 more minutes or until veggies begin to brown. Remove and set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive in the same skillet. Place one tortilla in the skillet and move it around to coat with the olive oil. Layer half the cheese, chicken and veggies and the rest of the cheese. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Layer the second tortilla and squish it down with your hand to encourage melting. Flip, but add 1 tsp of olive oil before placing back in skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter into 6 equal triangles. Serve warm with avocado, sour cream, chopped cilantro and salsa.