|Buttermilk Quiche from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 uncooked pie crust
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced and caramelized (see note for recipe here)
- 2 cups of any vegetables, sliced and diced and cooked until tender (I used left over mushrooms, yellow pepper and broccoli)
- 2 cups of any desired meat, cooked and diced (I used left over chicken)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup of any cheese, shredded (I used sharp cheddar)
- 3 TBSP whipped cream cheese
- 5 slices of any soft cheese (I used Havarti)
- 1 TBSP Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat the bottom of a 10 in quiche or tart dish pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the crust out in the pan making sure the edges meet the top of the dish. Poke with a fork to allow air to escape when cooking.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, vegetables and meat in a medium bowl. Fold in shredded cheese and cream cheese.
- Pou half of the egg mixture into the pie curst. Layer with sliced cheese. Pour the other half of the mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.