|BBQ Chicken Panini from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- ¼ cup caramelized onions
- ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/3 cup + 2 TBSP barbecue sauce
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread (I used sour dough)
- cooking spray
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. This can be the same skillet that you cooked the onions in. Combine the caramelized onions, cooked chicken and 1/3 cup BBQ sauce in the skillet. Stir to combine. Remove from heat just as the BBQ sauce starts to bubble.
- Combine the 2 TBSP of mayonnaise with 2 TBSP of BBQ. Spread half of this mixture on one piece of bread. Place 2 slices of cheese over it. Layer chicken mixture and then the rest of the cheese. Spread the rest of the mayonnaise mixture on the second piece of bread and SMOOSH!
- If you have a Panini press, use it! (I asked for one for Christmas!) Heat a non-stick skillet to medium. This can be the same skillet as above. Whip it out with a paper towel. Spray with cooking spray and place sandwich in skillet. Use a canned good (or something heavy) to press down sandwich. Flip after 4-5 minutes. Spray the skillet again before flipping. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Note: the second side always cooks faster than the first. Serve warm.