|Spinach and Goat Cheese Quesadillas from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- ½ Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 10 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 TBSP pesto
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms and cook for 7-8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add spinach and cook for another two minutes or until the spinach starts to wilt. If you prefer to have the spinach completed wilted, add it to the onions and mushrooms earlier. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and clean out skillet with a paper towel. (It does need to be perfect.)
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Spread 1 TBSP of pesto on each tortilla. Layer the onion/mushroom/spinach mixture on one side. Sprinkle goat cheese evenly over the vegetable mixture. Smoosh the two sides together. Place in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip, but add 1 tsp of olive oil before placing back in skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter into 6 equal triangles. Serve warm.