|Quick Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs|
from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp fresh chopped basil
- garlic salt to taste
- ½ tsp oregano to taste
- cooking spray for baking sheet
- ½ large or 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 24 oz jars of good quality pasta sauce
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar (more if desired)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey meat, breadcrumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese ketchup basil garlic salt and oregano. Use your hands to incorporate ingredients well. Form golf ball sized meatballs and placed on a greased baking sheet. This should make about 20-25 meatballs. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, chop onion and brown in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. As the onion browns add about 1 TBSP of jarred sauce to keep onions moist. Stir both jars of sauce into onions. Add brown sugar and Parmesan cheese.
- Add meatballs and pan drippings from baking sheet to the saucepan. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with thin spaghetti. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese.