|Quick and Creamy Baked Tacos from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 can corn kernels no salt added, drained
- 1 can black beans reduced sodium, rinsed and drained
- juice of 1-2 limes
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
- 2 TBSP low fat cream cheese
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup pita chips or tortilla chips (crumbled)
- Sliced avocado or guacamole (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and season with garlic salt, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder and chili powder. Brown for 5 minutes. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Add corn and black beans. Stir to combine and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and fold in lime juice, sour cream and cream cheese until creamy.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese and crumbled chip. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and and bake for 1-2 minutes until chips are golden brown. Serve over cilantro lime rice and garnish with sliced avocado.
Note: This recipe can also be prepared with shredded or diced chicken.