|Pumpkin Pesto Quesadillas from |
Top Ate on Your Plate
Makes 1 quesadilla
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Vidalia onion, caramelized
- 4-5 mushrooms, diced
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 8 inch tortillas
- 1 1/2 TBSP pesto
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro (or more, if desired)
- mango salsa for serving
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to skillet and caramelized using these directions. Mushrooms and onions can be caramelized together, in the same pan.
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, thoroughly combine pumpkin and pesto in a small mixing bowl.
- Reheat 1 tsp of olive oil in skillet. Spread 1/2 of the pumpkin pesto over one tortilla. Layer with onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle goat cheese and chopped cilantro over top. Place in skillet, open faced, and jiggle it in pan to distribute olive oil evenly. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until you see the cheese start to melt. Spread the rest of the pumpkin pesto on the other tortilla and smoosh to create quesadilla. Cook for 2 more minutes or until tortilla is golden brown. Lift out of pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil and flip. It is helpful, but not essential, to have an extra set of hands with the flip and olive oil. Cook for 2-3 more minutes checking the tortilla to ensure it does not burn. Remember that the second side won't need as much time as the first.
- Cut with pizza slicer into 6 triangles and serve warm with mango salsa or other desired topping.