from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, grated
- dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 tin of flat fillet anchovies
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 20-25 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Do not use a high heat. You could burn the garlic. Prepare all ingredients while oil is heating and before adding garlic to pan. Grate garlic. Place aside. Open anchovy tin and squeeze excess oil out of anchovies with hand. Place aside. Open tomato can.
- Add garlic to saucepan if the oil crackles when garlic is placed in it. (You can test a tiny piece of garlic to see if the oil is ready, then dump the rest of the garlic in if ready.) Cook garlic for 1-2 minutes. Stir in anchovies and incorporate with garlic. Use a wooden spoon to smoosh garlic and anchovies into a paste. Anchovies should completely breakdown. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Add olives. Simmer, uncovered, on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil salted water for pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes. (You will add more salt than you think. Its important to flavor the pasta and this is your only chance. About 3 TBSP of salt.)
- Serve warm and garnish with extra olives.