|Orzo Salad with Craisins, Apples and Goat Cheese |
from Top Ate on Your Plate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups orzo
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 6 oz goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup apple cider vinaigrette
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- Prepare apple cider vinaigrette and add 1 TBSP of maple syrup.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the orzo and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- To toast the almonds, place in a small heated skillet over medium heat in one single layer. Stir frequently taking care not to burn the almonds. Remove from heat when almonds have a golden brown color, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked orzo to a large bowl and set aside to cool. Add the rosemary, apple, dried cranberries, and almonds. Stir in the goat cheese. Dress with the apple cider vinaigrette.