|Lean Chicken Enchiladas from Top Ate on Your Plate|
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 pepper, sliced (any color)
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, no salt added
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained, reduced sodium
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 large chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 8 inch low carb flour tortillas (80 calories per tortilla) or whatever you prefer
- 8 oz fat free sour cream, divided
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, corn and beans. Season with garlic salt and cumin. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and stir in chicken, 4 oz of cheddar cheese, 6 oz of sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa.
- Place the fill in the center of each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a 13x9 baking dish. Top enchiladas evenly with with remaining 4 oz of cheese and remaining 3/4 cup salsa.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and remaining sour cream.
Note: To make the recipe even lighter, low fat cheddar cheese could be used, but I don't recommend it. In this recipe, the ooey gooey cheesiness is a major component and would be majorly sacrificed with low fat cheese.