|Fish Tacos from Top Ate on Your Plate|
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- salt for seasoning
- 1 lb tilapia (or other white flakey fish)
- 3 TBSP lime juice (about 4 limes), divided
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, divided (more if desired)
- 3 tsp cumin, divided
- 3 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can corn kernels, no salt added
- 8 6 inch low carb tortillas (or any desired size)
- sour cream (I used fat-free)
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- mango salsa
- lime wedges
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Season the fish with salt on both sides. Add fish to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add juice of 2 limes to pan and flip the fish. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, flake fish in the skillet. Add half the cilantro, stirring to combine. Cook for 3 minutes or until fish seems done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in the same skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, garlic, peppers and corn kernels. Season vegetables with salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until onions begin to brown. Add the juice of 2 limes and the rest of the cilantro. Cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Serve as a taco bar with sour cream, guacamole, cheese, mango salsa and lime wedges and tortillas.
Note: This soup can be served with Smoked Lime Sour Cream instead of plain sour cream if desired. The recipe is included here.