|Easy Turkey Nachos from Top Ate on Your Plate|
Serves a crowd
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, grated
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 cup black beans (if canned, then drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 6-8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated (the sharper the better)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Smoked Lime Sour Cream
- 1 cup fat free or light sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to broil. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, stirring to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Add in ground turkey and season with cumin, paprika, onion powder and salt. Breaking up ground turkey with a wooden spoon, stir to combine. Cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread tortilla chips out. Add half of the cheese over top of the chips. Evenly spread turkey over the cheese and chips, then cover with the black beans, corn and remaining cheese. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, just until cheese is melty and gooey and the chips are warm. Remove from the oven and immediately cover with tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Combine sour cream, lime juice and paprika. Serve as a dip on the side.
Adapted from How Sweet Eats, only the best blog ever!