|Baked Spaghetti Squash from|
Top Ate on Your Plate
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 2-3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 TBSP reserved
- 1 24 oz jar of good quality tomato sauce
- fresh chopped basil
- 2 TBSP Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Season flesh with garlic salt and place cut side down on an oiled (1 tsp olive oil) cookie sheet. Cook for 30-40 minutes and let cool.
- While squash is baking, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a medium skillet. Sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic until soft (about 15 minutes) and remove from heat.
- After spaghetti squash is cool to the touch, scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard. Using a fork, comb flesh out into a large mixing bowl. Add onions/mushrooms/garlic, cheese, sauce and basil. Combine well and transfer to a baking dish. Top with reserved cheese and panko breadcrumbs.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and bake for 1-2 more minutes or until the breadcrumbs start to brown. Serve hot with additional torn basil.